So it's Wednesday. I am not totally prepared today (this seems to be a theme this week), so a few random thoughts:
- I'm trying out the "new" Typepad. I have no idea what makes this one better than the other. So far it looks pretty much the same.
- I'm working from home today because I'm going to talk to a book group at noon. I love this book group. I've met with them for every one of my books. It's a great group of people who work at our Legislative Office Building up in Hartford. They've always got great comments about my books, and I'm really curious how they liked The Missing Ink because they were lamenting Annie's demise last year when we talked about Shot Girl.
- I can't figure out the obsession with this new TV show Castle. The main character is a mystery writer and he hangs out with a hot police woman to get ideas for his books. And apparently they've gotten real life mystery writers like Michael Connelly to play themselves playing poker. This is a TV show? Oh, and I guess there's a book "written" by Castle for download on the ABC website. I can't get through ten minutes of this show.
- My new favorite show, however, is Bored to Death on HBO. A writer who has read all those pulp detective novels decides he can become a private eye because he knows how it's done. Incredibly clever and funny and you can't beat Ted Danson as his boss, the crazy magazine editor.
- I went out to the Mohegan Sun casino last week for a book event and had dinner at one of the restaurants there before hand. Why when you go out to dinner alone the hostess always looks at you like you're a total loser?
- At said book event I met a really cool guy named Dan Waters who writes really cool YA books about teenage zombies. Check out his blog here.
- And I'm almost done with Victor's incredibly fun Vampire A Go-Go. It makes my commute on the bus much more tolerable, although yesterday the nice Muslim woman in the burka sitting next to me seemed a little startled by the cover.
Do you have any random thoughts you'd like to share?